Viewing Options


Freedom of Information

Waverley Housing is, with effect from 11th November 2019, following an Order of the Scottish Parliament, designated as a Scottish Public Authority under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA).  This Act gives everyone a right of access to information held by us, as well as access to environmental information under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRS).

The aim of both is to increase openness and transparency by allowing access to the information we hold, including how our decisions are taken and how we deliver our services.

Model Publication Scheme and Guide to Information

The FOISA requires Waverley Housing to adopt and maintain a publication scheme, which has the approval of the Scottish Information Commissioner (SIC), and to publish information in accordance with that scheme.  We have adopted the SIC’s Model Publication Scheme

We are legally obliged to:

  • Publish the classes of information that we routinely make available;
  • Advise the public how to access that information; and
  • Advise whether information is provided free of charge or on receipt of payment.

The Scheme sets out our commitment to make certain classes of information routinely available, such as our policies and procedures, Board minutes, financial information, performance reports and much more.

We have developed a Guide to Information for this purpose, which provides easy access to the information detailed.  The Guide to Information is not intended to be a complete list of the information we hold.  If you require information which is not contained within our Guide, you can submit a request to us.

Our Charging Schedule details what may be charged for our provision of information.

Withholding Information

Information requested may be withheld if there is a good reason for doing so.  If we withhold information, we will advise you why.  If you are unhappy with our decision or the way we have dealt with your request, you can ask us to review our decision.  If you do not agree with the outcome of the review, you can ask the SIC to investigate.

Share page


Verified by MonsterInsights