Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004
The above Regulations provide a right of access to any environmental information held by Waverley Housing.
The definition of environmental information is very broad and includes:
- The state of elements of the environment and their interaction (air, water, soil, land and landscape, natural sites, flora and fauna)
- Discharges, emissions, noise, radiation, waste measures and activities affecting the environment (e.g. policies, legislation, plans, activities)
- Reports on implementation of environmental legislation
- Cost benefit and economic analysis
- Effects of the environment on conditions of human life (including flood, buildings).
The Regulations are governed by the Scottish Information Commissioner, who is also responsible for the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Making a Request
Environmental information is available within our website and links to our published environmental information are contained within our Guide to Information.
Information can also be provided upon request, either verbally, in writing or by completing our Information Request Form here.
There is no charge to view information on our website or at our office. However, we can charge for locating, retrieving and providing the information you request. Please view our Charging Schedule for further information.
Responding to Requests
If we do not hold the information requested, but know of another public body that does, we will let you know.
You can expect to receive a response from us within 20 working days of receipt by us of your request, though we may ask you for clarification to help us locate the information you are interested in, more easily.
We may also extend the response time by an additional 20 working days if the enquiry is large or complex. We will let you know in good time if that is the case.
Telephone: (01450) 364200
Waverley Housing, 51 North Bridge Street, Hawick, TD9 9PX