Planning for later life is essential so people can enjoy the retirement they want.
The new DWP ‘Get the retirement you want’ campaign encourages people to think about their future and actively plan for the retirement they want.
It explains how the State Pension is a foundation for their retirement income and encourages them to think about how they could build on it, for example with a Workplace or Private Pension.
- Will the retirement you get, be the retirement you want?
- The State Pension provides a foundation for when you retire, but it’s important to build on it.
- Workplace pensions are one of the best ways to do this as when you pay in, your boss does too.
- Get to know your pension at www.yourpension.gov.uk. The site is full of case studies, tips and tools to help you plan ahead.
- The earlier you start the better, as your pension pot has more time to grow.
For more help and advice on ‘Getting the retirement you want’ please visit www.yourpension.gov.uk/