Viewing Options


Summary of Key Changes to Housing Benefit:

  • If tenants have any spare bedrooms in their home, the government considers them to be living in a house that is bigger than they need and under the ‘bedroom tax’ rules, their Housing Benefit will be cut.
  • If tenants have someone who is not dependent on them, over 18 years, living in their home the deduction in their Housing Benefit will be increased.
  • Payment of Housing Benefit will be included in the single monthly payment called ‘Universal Credit’ which is paid directly into the tenant’s bank account.  This means a tenant’s rent will no longer be paid directly to Waverley Housing – tenants will need to pay it themselves from the single monthly payment they receive.

Share page